After the news yesterday that a chemical found in the spice turmeric has been found to destroy oesophageal cancer cells, I decided it was about time I put a Akoma Virgin coconut oil curry recipe on here.
4 small Sea bass
1 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Turmeric
2 tbsp Akoma virgin coconut oil
2 Onions, finely sliced
6 green chillies, slit lengthways
3 cloves Garlic, sliced into fine strips
20 curry leaves
400ml coconut milk
sprigs Coriander, to garnish
1. Remove any small bones from the fish fillets.
2. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of the salt with 1 teaspoon of the turmeric and gently rub into the fish fillets.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a wide pan. Add the onions, chillies and garlic and fry gently for a few minutes. Stir in the curry leaves and cook until the onions become translucent. Take out half the curry leaves and set aside for the garnish.
4. Stir the rest of the turmeric and salt into the pan, pour in the coconut milk and heat through, then add the fish fillets and simmer very gently for 3-4 minutes, until just cooked.
5. Serve the curry with steamed rice, and garnish with the reserved curry leaves and coriander sprigs.[cited 29/10/09 http://uktv.co.uk]