About this product
BOTANICAL / INCI NAME
Betula Lenta Bark Oil
Betula Lenta Bark Oil is the volatile oil obtained from the bark of the Sweet Birch, Betula lenta L., Betulaceae
SUGGESTED USE & BENEFITS
Birch essential oil (Betula lenta) is a rare and hard to produce oil created from the steam distillation of the bark of the tree. It is native to southern Canada and the north-eastern USA but also grows in Russia and parts of Eastern Europe.
Native Americans used birch leaves and dried bark as a tea to relieve aches and pains, cramps, colds, congestions, fevers.
Russians have used birch leaves in steam baths since recorded history.
Benefits and Common Uses
- Frequently used in massage therapy and to support muscles and joints
- Supports the circulatory system
- Supports respiratory function
- Beneficial for oily skin conditions
- Stimulating aroma promotes feelings of strength, warmth, and vitality
Blends well with
Citrus oils, Cedarwood, Sandalwood and Rosewood
- Birch essential oil is very strong and should be used with caution.
- Always dilute your birch oil thoroughly with a carrier oil. Do not apply it neatly.
- Perform a patch test before going ahead with a larger quantity.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should avoid birch essential oil.
- Birch essential oil is not considered safe for children under the age of 12 because of its high salicylate levels.
- Do not ingest birch essential oil.
- It may interact with blood-thinning medication, anticoagulant medication, and aspirin.
Don’t see your question? Contact our support team