Anti-wrinkle creams, what to watch out for?
1. Mineral Oils – They are misused as moisturisers in skincare products. But this is only short-lived. They clog the skin pores and leave the unable to eliminate its toxins - this causes acne, rashes and many other skin disorders.
2. Parabens – They are good preservatives and are in use to increase the shelf life of anti wrinkle skincare solutions. They are often said to cause cancer.
3. Fragrances – They are used to generate a nice smell to the anti wrinkle creams. These are made up from damaging chemicals. These are known to cause depressive disorder, hyperactivity, mood fluctuations, irritability and adversely affect the central nervous system.
There are many more chemicals that are being used in Anti wrinkle creams that we are not sure of yet. It's worth checking out natural alternatives like this Chamomile and Calendula Anti-Aging Eye Cream
Chamomile and Calendula Anti-Aging Eye Cream
- 1.5 tbsp raw shea butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 6 drops of calendula essential oil
- 3 drops of chamomile essential oil
Melt the raw shea butter and cocoa butter in a small pot on low heat. Remove from heat and add in the oils. Stir for 5 minutes, then pour into a small glass jar or bottle.