After yesterday's deodorant recipe, I started to think about other products that we rely on that we could be making for ourselves rather than shopping at large high street outlets. Here is a recipe that I found for toothpaste. It would seem to be a very popular recipe so perhaps you have tried it already... let us know what you think.
- sodium bicarbonate
- peppermint oil (optional)
- Mix three parts baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) with one part table salt (sodium chloride).
- Add three teaspoons of glycerine for every 1/4 cup of dry mixture.
- Add enough water to make a thick paste. If desired, a few drops of peppermint oil may be added to improve the taste.
- Apply and use just as you would any other toothpaste. Store unused toothpaste at room temperature in a covered container.